YouthLink and YouthReach South and YouthAxis work collaboratively to provide training opportunities to enhance the knowledge and skills of those working with young people.
Workers are invited to access a range of training and education opportunities. This year we are providing 5 public training events to be held at YouthLink. Registration forms will become available as the training approaches.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list for reminders about the training please contact 92274300 and provide your details.
Training Events 2017
- Helping young people manage difficult and aggressive behaviours (22nd May 2017)
- Working with young people who self-harm: for counsellors 12th June 2017
- Working with complex trauma (August)
- Understanding and Supporting Gender Diverse Young People (September)
- Working with ATSI young people (18th October)
Additionally, we encourage individual agencies who may want education and training workshops tailored to their specific requirements to contact us (92274300 and ask for Roberta Mcleod) We are able to provide training to your service around topics related to working with young people who have mental health concerns. We do require a minimum of 10 participants to run training and can discuss details with your specific organisation.
- All workshops will be conducted at YouthLink, 223 James Street. Northbridge.
- All workshops include some small group discussions and skills-based tasks.
- Morning tea and lunch are provided.
Workshop Booking Information
In order to secure your place please complete the registration form and fax/email to the YouthLink.
Terms & Conditions
- A separate enrolment is required for each participant and for each workshop.
- Payment in the form of cheque or money order to be made out to YouthLink. Please ensure that the title, date of workshop and participant's name is clearly provided with payment, otherwise we will be unable to accept payments received.
- Payment must be received prior to the workshop for a place to be reserved.
- In the event where there are less than 8 participants to a workshop, the workshop may be cancelled and you will have the option of reimbursement of any monies paid, or to register for the next available workshop.
- In the event of you cancelling a booking, we require at least five (5) days notice to provide a refund.